Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Lib 110 Project. Imitation

         Pablo Picasso is one of my favorite artists. It was very hard to pick a certain work of art to paint an imitation of because there are too many that I like. Finally I decided to stop on two of his artworks that inspired me in some way and led me to draw my painting. Picasso's works like "Self Portrait" and "Woman in a Hat with Pompoms and a Printed Blouse”, helped me create the image in my head and gave me an idea for my own artwork.
          My painting has a similar style and elements from these two particular works of art because I used similar lines, shapes and colors to create my imitation. From those two paintings I borrowed the style of drawing eyes, nose, ears and lips. I also mixed bright and warm colors together and made some parts of the face bigger or smaller.
         I tried to focus more on the painting of the woman instead because bright colors and abstract style immediately attracted my attention. This is the way I saw the imitation of that painting in my head. I decided to add a little bit of imagination to my artwork to make it more unique. I think It didn't change the point of imitation

No comments:

Post a Comment