Tuesday, April 16, 2013

“Illustrate a Story” "Project 3”

Every girl is dreaming of the true love. Time is changing and if many years ago real feelings, friendship and strong relationships were valued, nowadays it's a little different. People are trying to stay away from drama and obligations. It also happens because people are afraid to get hurt. Most relationships fall apart in our time, but there are still beautiful love stories out there that I was able to discover today.
While listening to the story of MaryAnn and Jim Fletcher could feel how strong their feelings are. I found this story very touching and unique. Both met when they were in first grade. They were in relationships for a long time after that and nine years later they decided to go their separate ways.
My favorite part of the story was when twenty two years later they met again. At this time they realized that they are just meant to be together and that they always loved each other through the years, even when they were not together. I call it a true love. This is one of the sweetest stories I've ever heard.
In my illustration I painted their love story from the very beginning of the relationship to the very end. It's a sequence of events that happened to them. On the top left I painted both of them as kids from the first time they met and continue counter clockwise. I then drew their relationships when they were teenagers. Then there was a break up that hurt them both and made them go their own ways. The next picture is of MaryAnn receiving a text message from Jim Fletcher twenty two years later. Then I painted them meeting each other after so many years and the last picture shows that they are together and love each other as they always did.
You can see the heart on the top of my painting. It represents a real big love. It started when they were little and on the right side of the heart they are grown ups and are living happily ever after.


http://storycorps.org/listen/jim-fletcher-and-his-wife-maryann/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment